Today the Hollywood Community won an important victory reaffirming the ability of the people to direct the future development of Hollywood. We have demonstrated to our elected officials and to the City Planning Department that they will not be allowed to impose upon us the failed “Transit Oriented Development” planning model and the destructive “Regional Center, Commercial” planning policy.… Read the rest
By George Abrahams
In Councilman O’Farrell’s November 07, 2014 blog he said, “Once again, news of the release of the official Alquist-Priolo (A-P) Earthquake Fault Zone Map for the Hollywood area was all over television reports and the Internet, and some of the loudest voices came from one opposing neighborhood group that is looking to prevent progress in Hollywood.”… Read the rest
We have been sharing with you how far Group Delta, the geologists for Millennium, would go to NOT find the fault that experts said was there. The official map has been released and there indeed is a fault line running the entire span of both sides of the Millennium project site.… Read the rest
Is Millennium Developer Quaking In His Boots?
California’s top geologist has said the 6.0 earthquake in Napa Valley Sunday surprised seismic scientists because it appears to be linked to an obscure fault that had previously been deemed inactive.
“We would not have predicted an earthquake on this particular fault,” Dr. John Parrish, the chief of the California Geological Survey, told Sacramento TV station KCRA (link to KCRA report).… Read the rest
According to California’s Alquist Priolo Earthquake Fault Zoning Act, developers cannot build on top of an active fault. You can build near it, but not across it.
Dr. Tom Heaton, director of Cal Tech’s Civil Engineering program, stated:
“No city has ever seen a magnitude 7.5 quake underneath its skyscrapers.”… Read the rest
New York Times – Nov 30, 2013 The Troubles of Building Where Faults Collide by Adam Nagouney, N.Y. Times Nov 30, 2013
A critical NYT article appeared today focusing on the impact the Stopthemillenniumhollywood campaign has had.
The Troubles of Building Where Faults Collide by Adam Nagouney, N.Y. Times Nov 30, 2013
“The city’s new mayor, Eric Garcetti, has found himself balancing two long-conflicting constituencies: business owners worried about the cost of reinforcing old buildings, and geologists who warn of large-scale and preventable casualties.”… Read the rest
As the legal challenge launched against the Millennium Hollywood continues, the media is being relentless in exposing the soft underbelly of City Government.
Here are the most recent publications:
The Wall Street Journal Sept 20, 2013 – Fault Line Splits Hollywood
LA Weekly Sept 18, 2013 – How the Hollywood Fault Made Millennium’s Future Uncertain, and L.A.… Read the rest
Attorney Robert Silverstein filed a lawsuit on August 28th, 2013. The lawsuit highlights aspect of this Millennium plan that should require the project to be sent back for an entirely new environmental study: Petition for Writ of Mandamus and Complaint for Declaratory and Injunctive Relief
Volunteers at StopTheMillenniumHollywood.org… Read the rest
Opponents Call for Neutral Panel of Experts to Study Quake Risks
Opponents of the Millennium Hollywood project today released secret emails that show the Los Angeles Department of Building and Safety (DBS) and the Millennium developer acknowledged behind closed doors that the Hollywood Earthquake Fault potentially crossed the property and that the State of California had officially mapped the active fault on or near the Millennium property.… Read the rest