A November 4, 2015 article by Variety writes: “Hollywood will be looking more “Star Trek” than “L.A. Confidential” in the next few years. . .”
Mixed-use and mega-sized projects like Millennium’s Hollywood Center Project threaten our already over-burdened infrastructure. Creates additional traffic and brings worlds of problems to the surrounding neighborhoods.… Read the rest
Please see this May 26, 2015 Wall St. Journal article about our Millennium battle.
“If you are doing development within any proximity to a freeway-which includes a great deal of development in Los Angeles-you’re now going to have to consider Caltrans in your process in a greater way than before,” Mr.… Read the rest
The Central Hollywood Neighborhood Council, at the November 24, 2014 meeting, rescinded its support for the Millennium Project and voted 7-0 to join the three other Hollywood area neighborhood councils in opposing the project.
Foremost in the decision were the seismic safety and traffic issues.
Community stakeholder George Abrahams presented the issue to the full CHNC board.… Read the rest
Is Millennium Developer Quaking In His Boots?
California’s top geologist has said the 6.0 earthquake in Napa Valley Sunday surprised seismic scientists because it appears to be linked to an obscure fault that had previously been deemed inactive.
“We would not have predicted an earthquake on this particular fault,” Dr. John Parrish, the chief of the California Geological Survey, told Sacramento TV station KCRA (link to KCRA report).… Read the rest
Patrick Healy with Channel 4 broke this news that more evidence is being gathered showing that there are indeed fault lines coursing near the Millennium project site as well as neighboring project areas. New LADBS City geologist Pascal Challita has confirmed the existence of earthquake faults on the east side of Argyle Avenue that project towards the Second Street Ventures and the adjacent Millennium project sites.… Read the rest
New York Times – Nov 30, 2013 The Troubles of Building Where Faults Collide by Adam Nagouney, N.Y. Times Nov 30, 2013
A critical NYT article appeared today focusing on the impact the Stopthemillenniumhollywood campaign has had.
The Troubles of Building Where Faults Collide by Adam Nagouney, N.Y. Times Nov 30, 2013
“The city’s new mayor, Eric Garcetti, has found himself balancing two long-conflicting constituencies: business owners worried about the cost of reinforcing old buildings, and geologists who warn of large-scale and preventable casualties.”… Read the rest
With the State standing firm on their assessment of the likely seismic status under the entire Millennium Hollywood project, L.A. Times writers Rong-Gong Lin II, Rosanna Xia and Doug Smith interview powerful resources and accurately outline the issue.
The article says that the Millennium project has prompted the state to accelerate its study, and it hopes to have results by early 2014.… Read the rest
At the conclusion of the vote Councilman Krekorian attempted to exclude the appeal of Stop The Millennium from the administrative record.
He said that there wasn’t enough time to consider it so close to a scheduled vote.
In fact, it would violate CEQA law to exclude the appeal because the City is actually in violation of State law by having no procedural rules in place.… Read the rest
For Immediate Release
THE BIG QUESTION: WHAT’S THE RUSH???
The Los Angeles City Council is scheduled to take up the Millennium project tomorrow, Wednesday, July 24th. The council meeting starts at 10 a.m.
Opponents are expecting to show up in droves to fight the giant development project – one million square feet, costing three-quarters of a billion dollars.… Read the rest